Position: Children and Youth Ministry Leader; 3 positions
Status: Part Time. Approximately 8 hours per week, over 12 months. This position requires working Sunday mornings (8:30-11:30am) and Wednesday evenings (6:00-8:30), and 2.5 hours of work outside of Wednesdays and Sundays, September through May.
Children, Youth and Family Ministry at St. John’s: Do you feel called to share the gospel by being part of one of the most important ministries of the church? At St. John’s, children and youth are the Church today—full members of the community of faith, actively engaged in worship, education, service and fellowship, and in that engagement, are continually being formed in their Christian identity. Our desire is to equip children, youth, and their families with the knowledge and love of God so that they may thoughtfully and compassionately serve the world in God’s name. Being invited into the faith lives of children, youth, and their families may be one of the most grace-filled experiences you’ll have.
Job Summary: The Children and Youth Ministry Leader supports the parish volunteer leaders with set up and clean up, classroom management, and occasionally preparing and presenting lessons on Wednesdays and Sundays. The incumbent will need to develop strong partnerships with other members of the CYF team, volunteers, and families.
Reports to: The Children and Youth Ministry Leader will report to the Director of Children, Youth and Family Faith Formation.
Responsibilities: Including, but not limited to:
- Meet with the youth on Wednesday nights, 6:00-8:30pm, September through May
- Prepare lessons in collaboration with volunteers
- Attend and participate in occasional social events and retreats
- Attend monthly Wednesday Youth Ministry Leader meetings
- Set up and clean up for Youth Dinner
- Lock up building at night
- Support volunteers and meet with children Sunday mornings, 8:30-11:30am, September through May
- Greet families and children, keep attendance, help children get ready
- Classroom set-up and breakdown
- Attend monthly leader meetings
To apply: send resume and cover letter to Jean Hansen c/o firstname.lastname@example.org.