Upstairs, downstairs, there’s a bin
Buy some groceries and put them in!
Support the Hallie Q. Brown Foodshelf!
We are once again collecting donations at church to give to our local food shelf. These are especially needed in summer, when kids can’t get free breakfast and lunch at school. There are bins in the narthex and Gathering Space where you can leave your donations.
Contact Dave Borton (email@example.com), Marvin Cadwell (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Gwen Odney (email@example.com) with questions or to volunteer to help move donations down the road to the community center.
Here is a list of the most needed food items for the Hallie Q Brown food shelf:
1. canned beans
2. peanut butter, or other nut butters
3. rolled oats
4. canned fruit in juice, not in light or heavy syrup
5. canned vegetables, with no or low-sodium
6. low-sodium soups
7. canned tuna in water
8. canned chicken
12. shelf stable milk
14. low-sodium pasta sauce
15. canned stews
16. unsweetened apple sauce
17. whole grain, low-sugar cold cereals
18. olive or canola oil
19. canned tomatoes
20. dried fruits (no sugar added)
22. chicken, beef and vegetable broths and stock