The following is a letter from the Stewardship campaign co-chairs:
At Saint John the Evangelist we are growing. We are growing into the vision set for us in the discernment phase of our search for a new rector. We are growing into new ministry as we celebrate the conclusion of that search and the beginning of a new relationship with our rector the Reverend Jered Weber-Johnson and his family. We are growing with new members, new energy, and new life.
We are growing in part because we have given and are giving much through this community. Our giving in the past reflects our love and the love of our forebears in founding Saint John’s and means we have a strong foundation and deep roots. Our giving now, in gratitude for all we have from God means we are growing into God’s mission, reaching out with vibrant programs and ministries, serving each other and the world in faith.
In this season of growth and new life, we invite you to consider prayerfully how you will commit now to God’s mission and to Saint John’s as we seek to strengthen our roots and continue to reach out.
Rex Haberman and Jennifer Durst
2012 Stewardship Campaign Co-Chairs
Stewardship 2012 Goals
• 10% increase in overall pledged dollars to $891,000
• 10% increase in number of pledging individuals & households- new pledges
• Greater participation through online pledging
• Greater participation through direct deposit
- Listen to Rev. Jered Weber-Johnson’s sermon on stewardship, October 9 2011
Weekly Letters and Updates on Stewardship Campaign
- Growing in God’s Mission – Week of October 9th
- Growing in God’s Mission – Week of October 16th
- Growing in God’s Mission – Week of October 24th
- Link to campaign pledge form